Date & Time: June 7th, 9am – 3pm
Location: North Glenmore Park Community Association
If you’re looking at this seminar you probably fall into 1 of 3 categories:
1) You have no idea where to start when it comes to social media marketing.
i. “Which platforms should I be on?”
ii. “What sort of things should I say?”
iii. “How do I reach out to people?”
iv. “Is social media even appropriate for my business?”
2) You’re looking for better ways to promote your business. You’ve been working at it and aren’t getting the results you hoped for.
i. Am I posting the wrong content?
ii. Am I talking to the wrong target?
iii. How do I reach more people?
3) You are clear on your brand and message, you just don’t know the best tips, tricks, and tools for maintaining your pages effectively.
i. How do I create a custom meme?
ii. What is the best process for managing my time and creating content?
iii.How do I format my blog properly for SEO?
iv. I need templates!
You’re in luck! (is that too cliche to say?) – This 6 hour hands-on workshop covers everything you need to know about promoting your business and bringing awareness to it online!
I will walk you through the process of being your own social media manager – you heard me – I am literally setting you up with every tool and skill you need to NOT hire me to be the social media manager for your business (at least until you get so big that you need me because you have too much money and not enough time). Together we will create images, write content, find the best links to share on your page, and get you set up for easy management and engagement: working with all of my favourite and best tools to make it as seamless and easy as possible.
You will walk away with a complete 1 month Content Calendar of Social Media Success ready to kickstart your marketing initiatives online.
- Hootsuite (desktop & app)
- Dropbox/Google Drive
- Microsoft Word/Google Docs
- Google Alerts
- Followers Insight
- Evernote (or any notepad)
- Social Media Content Calendar – Template
- Target Market – Worksheet
- Digital Marketing Strategy – Worksheet
- Steps to Creating a Post – Worksheet
- Steps to Creating a Post – GUIDE
- Blog – Template
- Tips/Tricks – Cheatsheet
9:00am – Introduction & Platform Overview
9:45am – Target Market Exercise
10:00am – Creating a Digital Marketing Strategy Exercise
10:15am – Break/Networking
10:30am – Review Guide for creating a post from beginning to end
11:00am – Steps to Create a Post Exercise
11:15am – Walkthrough and set up of all tools
11:45pm – Break/Networking
12:30pm – Work time: Filling in Social Media Content Calendar
1:45pm – Blog Guide Overview
2:00pm – Blog/Website Keyword Exercise
2:00 pm – Blog Topic Idea Generation Exercise
2:30 -3:00pm – Work Time/Questions
Before the seminar you will need to have signed up for the following:
Please download the following apps:
- Hootsuite – scheduling tool: app needed for instagram
- Canva (iphone) /Wordswag (iphone & Android) – image design tool
- Repost – instagram regram tool
- Followers Insight – facebook follower tool
- Dropbox – transfer and saving tool
It is recommended that you read my eBook prior to the class as we will not be spending a lot of time breaking down each of the platforms. You should have an idea of which platforms your business should be on.
It is also recommended that you purchase a Social Media Audit prior to the seminar so you can make the necessary changes to your pages before posting. While I will be giving some recommendations during the seminar, you will have much more success if you do all the preliminary work.
See if there is a social media seminar available before the full workshop. If you have not attended one yet, it is highly recommended. There may be some overlap but the seminar is an informational 3 hours, where the workshop is more hands on and putting everything into action.